As a plumber, electrician, HVAC contractor or a more extensive service company, you need a van to haul your equipment, materials and even a few employees. It’s vital to determine the best vehicle that will work with your requirements and will also provide enough cargo space with lifetime value.
Mercedes-Benz is offering the 2018 Sprinter van lineup that can fit into a variety of vocations. In general, vans provide different industries with versatile components to transport anything you need. The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter is full-size and available in the following five models.
- Cab chassis van
- Cargo van
- Crew van
- Passenger van
- Worker cargo van
Different Features of Mercedes-Benz Vans — The Sprinter
As a versatile full-size van, the Sprinter has two powertrain options you can choose: a 161-horsepower, 2.1-liter, four-cylinder, turbo-diesel van with rear-wheel drive that’s seven-speed automatic, or a 188-horsepower, 3-liter, turbo-diesel, V-6 five-speed automatic that has front- or rear-wheel drive.
With the ability to haul people and cargo, the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter allows you to choose between two wheelbases that are 144 or 170 inches. Depending on what your profession requires, you have the freedom to select the best option.
Seating up to 12 people, the Sprinter has a gross vehicle weight rating of 8,550 to 11,030 pounds with a high-roof option. The high roof is ideal if you’re hauling around cargo and equipment that does not fit in regular vans, as it increases the space you have for loading materials.
The Sprinter cargo van features high-tech safety gear, such as lane departure warning, crosswind stabilization and collision prevention, along with excellent steering. The vehicle also has a great fit and finish, along with being able to obtain stability at speed.
What to Consider When Purchasing a Sprinter
If you are thinking about buying the Sprinter as your daily work van, consider the following aspects to receive the best value.
- Versatile Interior: The Sprinter provides solutions for any business that needs to equip its van with tool compartments and boxes or passengers and plumbing equipment.
- Reliability: The vehicle offers incredible diesel engine power, advanced safety features and ample space for your gear and workers.
- Engine Power: You can choose between the 161-horsepower, 2.1-liter, four-cylinder and the 188-horsepower, 3-liter, V-6 diesel engine conditional to your requirements.
- Safety Features: Mercedes-Benz includes airbags throughout the van, along with crosswind assistance, lane and blind-spot monitoring, and a forward-collision system in the Sprinter.
- Maintenance Costs: Your warranty covers repairs — but once the warranty is up, maintenance costs will become more expensive.
If you keep your Sprinter well-maintained, you will have a better chance of receiving a higher resale value. With plenty of cargo and storage space, you can also upfit your van with equipment from Advantage Outfitters. For example, we offer roof equipment, shelving packages, wall liners, floors and much more to accommodate your business.
Sprinter Accessories From Advantage Outfitters
We are here to help you organize your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van with products that are lightweight, durable and custom-fit to your needs. Advantage Outfitters offers fast shipping within 48 hours, a simple ordering process and technical assistance when necessary.
Browse our custom shelving packages and other products like wall, ceiling and door liner kits. We can handle all your Sprinter van upfitting needs! Contact us if you need help in selecting the right products or order online today.